Hadoop >> mail # user >> large data and hbase

+
Rita 2011-07-11, 11:31
+
Robert Evans 2011-07-11, 14:54
+
Bharath Mundlapudi 2011-07-11, 17:40
+
Rita 2011-07-12, 10:01
+
Harsh J 2011-07-12, 13:01
Re: large data and hbase
Thanks.

If you mean asking to ask the MapReduce list they will naturally recommend
it :)

I suppose I will look into it eventually but we invested a lot of time into
Torque.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For a query to work in a fully distributed manner, MapReduce may still
> be required (atop HBase, i.e.). There's been work ongoing to assist
> the same at the HBase side as well, but you're guaranteed better
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is encouraging.
> >
> > ¨Make sure HDFS is running first. Start and stop the Hadoop HDFS daemons
> by
> > running bin/start-hdfs.sh over in the HADOOP_HOME directory. You can
> ensure
> > it started properly by testing the *put* and *get* of files into the
> Hadoop
> > filesystem. HBase does not normally use the mapreduce daemons. These do
> not
> > need to be started.¨
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Bharath Mundlapudi
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Another option to look at is Pig Or Hive. These need MapReduce.
> >>

> >> -Bharath

Harsh J 2011-07-13, 12:26