HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Find max and min of a column in a csvfile

Re: Find max and min of a column in a csvfile
Unmesha,

You may want to write your own mapper and reducer for the purpose of
learning more about map-reduce programming techniques.

However, the Pig documentation also discusses aggregate functions such as
max() which may save you some time:

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.12.0/udf.html
-John