HBase >> mail # user >> Local RegionServer vs JUnit?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-08, 11:26
Re: Local RegionServer vs JUnit?
Today, at this time of writing, it should be ok: the tests write in a
specific directory, and the ports are dynamic. But it's not without danger:
what if tomorrow someone creates a bug and hardcodes a port already used by
your cluster ? It's unlikely; but it happened in the past. As well, the CPU
& memory used by the tests won't be available to your datanode /
regionserver, so you doing a kind of load test on this node...

N.
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My computer is hosting a region server and a datanode for a 8 nodes
> cluster.
>
> Now, I would like to run the JUnit tests locally too.
>
> Is there going to be any conflict between my local regionserver and
> the HBase tests? Is there any risk for my data if I do that?
>
> Even if I turn my local region server off, since there is already a
> zookeeper on the network, will again the local test be a risk for the
> cluster?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

+