Sqoop, mail # user - Problem using upsert with MySQL

+
Raghav Gautam 2012-10-04, 01:26
Re: Problem using upsert with MySQL
Kathleen Ting 2012-10-04, 02:14
Hi Raghav, I can't tell if you're doing a Sqoop export or import as
neither was specified in the command?

Also, can you try with

--update-mode allowinsert

(i.e. without the '=' sign)?

e.g. sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/test --username
root --hive-table test --table test2 --update-key=id --update-mode
allowinsert

Regards, Kathleen

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Raghav Gautam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried using upsert mode with MySQL and received the following error. Is it
> not supported yet ?
>
> Error:
> ERROR tool.ExportTool: Error during export: Mixed update/insert is not
> supported against the target database yet
>
> Command:
> sqoop --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/test --username root --hive-table
> test --table test2 --update-key=id --update-mode=allowinsert
>
> With Regards,
> Raghav.
+
Raghav Gautam 2012-10-04, 04:08