Zookeeper >> mail # user >> killing zookeeper when used with CI with version 3.2.0+

killing zookeeper when used with CI with version 3.2.0+
Hello,

Before 3.2.0, we used to issue the "kill" command to the client port to tear down a standalone zookeeper process started when running our unit tests.  This command was removed [1].  That issue makes mention of other ways to kill zookeeper programmatically, e.g., using JMX.  I've looked over the zookeeper documentation against, tried finding this with a search engine, and examined a running zookeeper instance using jconsole, but I can not figure out how to kill the zookeeper process using JMX.

Could someone please spell out exactly how to kill a standalone zookeeper process with JMX and/or other mechanisms under program control?

Thanks,
Bryan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-346