Hive >> mail # user >> what impact for  changing the property "hive.exec.parallel=true"?

Re: what impact for changing the property "hive.exec.parallel=true"?
Hive converts multi-step map reduce job into stages. Some of these stages
are dependent on each other some are not. If you set
hive.exec.parallel=true and hive determines that some stages of the job do
not depend on each other it may run more then one at once (currently it
only runs one at a time).

So the result is hive can use more cluster resources to satisfy complex
queries in some cases.

Edward