Pig >> mail # dev >> How do we determine 'stable' pig version?

+
Koji Noguchi 2013-10-22, 16:45
+
Daniel Dai 2013-10-22, 17:12
Re: How do we determine 'stable' pig version?
Couple of suggestions:

(1) I think we are trying to go for a more frequent release model and in that case it would make sense to keep perhaps 3 releases. Based on our experience at Yahoo, Pig 10 is the really stable release. We recently found a couple of critical bugs in 11 for which we posted patches. Also the community knows that we delayed a couple of key bugs in 12 till 12.1
(2) Our documentation needs to be consistent with the number of releases we advertise as supported. Our docs currently go all the way to Pig 9.

Olga