HBase >> mail # user >> best read path explanation

+
S Ahmed 2013-01-13, 15:24
Re: best read path explanation
At a read time, if there are more than one HFile for a store, HBase will
read that row from all the HFiles (check whether this row is there and if
so read) and also from memstore.  So it can get the latest data.

Also remember that there will be compaction happening for HFiles which will
merge more than one files into a single file.

-Anoop-

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM, S Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the best hbase read path explanation?
>
> I understand that hbase stores data and doesn't allow for mutations, so I'm
> confused as to how a read can get the latest data?
>
> I'm guessing there are merges done between the immutable file stores, and
> in-memory stores?

+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-14, 02:33
+