HBase, mail # user - best read path explanation

Re: best read path explanation
Anoop John 2013-01-13, 16:29
At a read time, if there are more than one HFile for a store, HBase will
read that row from all the HFiles (check whether this row is there and if
so read) and also from memstore.  So it can get the latest data.

Also remember that there will be compaction happening for HFiles which will
merge more than one files into a single file.

-Anoop-