Accumulo, mail # user - Alternate user for tracer

Alternate user for tracer
Terry P. 2013-05-15, 20:07
To help get the Accumulo root password out of my accumulo-site.xml file
(security folks get touchy when they find 'root' and 'password' together in
a clear text file), I'd like to configure the tracer to run as a separate
user.

Is it as simple as:

1. create a user and give that user create_table permissions
2. edit accumulo-site.xml and set trace.user value to new user and
trace.password to its password
3. stop the tracer using bin/stop-server.sh <tracer-server> tracer
4. drop the existing trace table
5. start the tracer using bin/start-server.sh <tracer-server> tracer

Thanks in advance everyone.
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-15, 20:27
+