HBase >> mail # user >> Question

Re: Question
Dalia:
If you look at:
public interface ColumnInterpreter<T, S> {

you would see:
 * @param <T> Cell value data type
 * @param <S> Promoted data type

S can represent sum of values of T. The rationale was that aggregation of
one type (integer, e.g.) may have to be represented by another type
(double, e.g.)

>From this blog you can get some history on this subject:
http://zhihongyu.blogspot.com/2011/03/genericizing-endpointcoprocessor.html

For row counting, it is already implemented:
  public <T, S> long getRowNum(ColumnInterpreter<T, S> ci, Scan scan)
You can embed your filter in scan object.

Cheers