Avro, mail # dev - HUG talk on PTD/Avro

HUG talk on PTD/Avro
Ken Krugler 2010-04-23, 15:44
Hi all,

Just wrote a blog post about the talk I gave on Wed night at the
Hadoop Bay Area user group meetup:

http://bixolabs.com/2010/04/22/hadoop-user-group-meetup-talk/

Key points about Avro:

1. The Avro scheme for Cascading worked well for writing out fetch
results, and we are using it in the example analysis code to read the
same files for processing.

2. Sample Avro file (one of 613, from first loop) is available at S3 (/
bixolabs-ptd-demo/ptd-sample.avro), and we're working with Amazon to
get this initial set into the Amazon public dataset.

3. It would be great to get feedback on both the Avro Cascading scheme
(http://github.com/bixolabs/cascading.avro) and the content we're
currently saving in the Avro file.

Thanks,

-- Ken