Hadoop >> mail # user >> Why is $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the classpath?

Re: Why is $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the classpath?
Thomas,

What version of Hadoop are you building Debian packages for? If you're
taking Cloudera's existing debs and modifying them, these include a backport
of Sqoop (from Apache's trunk) which uses the rt tools.jar to compile
auto-generated code at runtime. Later versions of Sqoop (including the one
in the most recently-released CDH2: 0.20.1+169.56-1) include MAPREDUCE-1146
which eliminates that dependency.

- Aaron