Hadoop, mail # user - Re: Yahoo Hadoop Tutorial with new APIs?

Re: Yahoo Hadoop Tutorial with new APIs?
Marcos Ortiz 2012-04-04, 13:27

On 04/04/2012 09:15 AM, Jagat Singh wrote:
> Hello Marcos
>
> Yes , Yahoo tutorials are pretty old but still they explain the
> concepts of Map Reduce , HDFS beautifully. The way in which tutorials
> have been defined into sub sections , each builing on previous one is
> awesome. I remember when i started i was digged in there for many
> days. The tutorials are lagging now from new API point of view.
Yes, for that reason, for its beauty, this tutorial is read by many new
Hadoop comers, so, I think that it need an update.

> Lets have some documentation session one day , I would love to
> Volunteer to update those tutorials if people at Yahoo take input from
> outside world :)
I want to help on this too, so, we need to talk with Hadoop colleagues
to do this.
Regards and best wishes

--

http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci