HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Upgrading master hardware

Re: Upgrading master hardware
Mark,

If the NN goes down the entire HBase cluster will be halted. If the
HMaster is down, you will not be able to get regions assigned (in case any
regionserver goes down).

So the best thing to do is start NN and Hmaster on another node, do you
upgrade and move them back.

Thanks
Karthik