HBase, mail # user - How to get Metadata information in Hbase

Re: How to get Metadata information in Hbase
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-11-25, 18:51
>1.get the information about tables like how many tables and name of tables.
You can use HBaseAdmin from the API. admin.getTableNames()

> 2.get the columnfamilies name in each table.
>From the table you can get the descriptor to get the families:
table.getTableDescriptor();

>3.get the columns names and their data types in each columnfamily.
to get the ALL the column names, 2 options. 1) You keep track of them in
your application using constans... 2) you run a full scan map reduce job.

JM