HBase >> mail # user >> Delete by timestamp?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-13, 23:26
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-10-14, 00:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-14, 00:30
+
Ted Yu 2012-10-14, 02:33
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-15, 04:55
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-15, 14:04
Re: Delete by timestamp?
Jean-Marc:
What do you think of the approach in patch v5 from HBASE-6942 ?
Here is the sample from patch v5:

+  private long invokeBulkDeleteProtocol(byte[] tableName, final Scan scan,
+      final int rowBatchSize, DeleteType deleteType, Long timeStamp)
throws Throwable {
+    HTable ht = new HTable(TEST_UTIL.getConfiguration(), tableName);
+    long noOfDeletedRows = 0L;
+    scan.setAttribute(BulkDeleteEndpoint.DELETE_ROW_BATCH_SIZE,
Bytes.toBytes(rowBatchSize));
+    scan.setAttribute(BulkDeleteEndpoint.DELETE_TYPE,
deleteType.getBytes());
+    if (timeStamp != null) {
+      scan.setAttribute(BulkDeleteEndpoint.DELETE_TIME_STAMP,
Bytes.toBytes(timeStamp));
+    }

Cheers

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found that:
> https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction
> which is, I think, giving all the details to call the end point... So
> I will give a try to all of that.
>
> JM
>
> 2012/10/13, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Wow. Seems it's coming right on time ;)
> >
> > Is there any code example on the way to call an endpoint?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JM
> >
> > 2012/10/13  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >> Please take a look at HBASE-6942 where you can achieve the following
> using
> >> an endpoint.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>

> >> On Oct 13, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-25, 13:51
+