HBase, mail # dev - HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:32
+
Ted 2013-02-27, 12:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:40
Re: HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 13:18
Just opened HBASE-7953. Can you please take a look at it?

There was 3 ways to fix that.

1) Simply exit the loop when scanner.next() return false
2) Exit the loop and restart the test
3) Count the number of scanner.next() effectively done and measure
performances based on that and not on the ROW_COUNT value.

I chose the 2nd one, but maybe there is some preferences for the 3rd one?

JM

2013/2/27 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Yep, I will open one and submit (and not commit ;) ) a patch.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/27 Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Looks like a bug.
>>
>> Mind opening Jira ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2013, at 4:32 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In HFilePerformanceEvaluation, there is 2 places where we are doing
>>> scanner.next() but still trying to read the key and/or the value. This
>>> is failing. I'm wondering if there is any logic behind that or if I
>>> can fix it.
>>>
>>> JM
>>>

>>>      for (int ii = 0; ii < 30; ii++) {
>>>        if (!scanner.next()) {