Hadoop >> mail # user >> Namenode service not running on the Configured IP address

Re: Namenode service not running on the Configured IP address
Hi Harsh/Praveenesh,

Thanks for the reply guys.

I forgot to mention that /etc/hosts was having the ip to dns mapping and
Yes, i deliberately used IP address in the configuration because i thought
that if i use host-name then how would hadoop know about the network
interface on which it is supposed to run. In the initial configuration i
have used hostname only.

Here is the content of /etc/hosts file:
172.18.164.52  ihub-namenode1  # Added by NetworkManager
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
::1     ihub-namenode1  localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
172.18.164.52   ihub-dhcp-namenode1
192.168.1.98    ihub-jobtracker1
192.168.1.99    ihub-namenode1
192.168.1.100   ihub-dn-b1
192.168.1.101   ihub-dn-b2
192.168.1.102   ihub-dn-b3
192.168.1.103   ihub-dn-b4

I *fixed this problem* by commenting the line highlighted above in red in
/etc/hosts file. This is a work around. Now, i will have to comment that
line everytime whenever system reboots or network service is restarted.
Does anyone knows a standard way to stop system updating /etc/hosts file?

Thanks,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,