HBase >> mail # user >> small hbase doubt

+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-07-11, 13:18
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-11, 13:24
+
Doug Meil 2013-07-11, 14:15
+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-07-12, 03:16
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-12, 04:01
Re: small hbase doubt
Right.

Take a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d2617e13654 and section
J.4.3.2

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought that in 0.95 ProtoBuf provides RPC compression, no?
>
> On Friday, July 12, 2013, Alok Singh Mahor wrote:
>
> > To Jean :
> > Thanks for replying. well could you please elaborate your answer..and by
> > that 'query' ..i meant can anyone clear my doubt :-)
> >
> > To Doug:
> > Thanks for replying. but then how LZO improves efficiency of network
> > bandwidth when getting data from remote server...? what's that?
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Alok,
> > >
> > > What do you mean by "query"?
> > >
> > > Gets are done based on the key. And snappy and LZO are used to compress
> > the
> > > value. So only when a row feet your needs HBase will decrompress the
> > value
> > > and send it back to you...
> > >
> > > Does it reply to your question?
> > >
> > > JM