Pig >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib

[DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib
I propose we remove Penny from contrib.  Currently it does not compile in trunk.  Looking through the commit logs no significant work has been done on it since it was initially committed.  There are 3 open JIRAs that reference it ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+%28summary+%7E+penny+OR+description+%7E+penny%29+AND+status+%3D+Open ).  At this point I do not think anyone is using it or maintaining it.

If someone is interested in moving this piece forward I would propose we move it to Apache Extras or something similar.

Alan.
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-11-01, 00:36
+
Bill Graham 2012-11-01, 04:52
+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-01, 05:01
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-11-01, 17:07
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-11-01, 17:59
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-11-02, 00:05