Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: NullPointerException in Spring Data Hadoop with CDH4

Re: NullPointerException in Spring Data Hadoop with CDH4
With the help of Costin I got a running Maven configuration.

Thank you :).

This is a pom.xml for Spring Data Hadoop and CDH4:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

<groupId>com.example</groupId>
<artifactId>com.example.main</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>jar</packaging>

<properties>
<java-version>1.7</java-version>
<spring.version>3.2.0.RELEASE</spring.version>
<spring.hadoop.version>1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT</spring.hadoop.version>
<hadoop.version.generic>2.0.0-cdh4.1.3</hadoop.version.generic>
<hadoop.version.mr1>2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.1.3</hadoop.version.mr1>
</properties>

<dependencies>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
<version>${spring.version}</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
<version>${spring.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.data</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-data-hadoop</artifactId>
<version>${spring.hadoop.version}</version>

<exclusions>
<!-- Excluded the Hadoop dependencies to be sure that they are not mixed with them provided by cloudera. -->
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hadoop-streaming</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hadoop-tools</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>

</dependency>

<!-- Hadoop Cloudera Dependencies -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-common</artifactId>
<version>${hadoop.version.generic}</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-hdfs</artifactId>
<version>${hadoop.version.generic}</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-tools</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.1.3</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-streaming</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.1.3</version>
</dependency>

</dependencies>

<build>
<plugins>

<plugin>
<configuration>
<source>${java-version}</source>
<target>${java-version}</target>
</configuration>
</plugin>

</plugins>
</build>

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>spring-milestones</id>
<url>http://repo.springsource.org/libs-milestone</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>

<repository>
<id>cloudera</id>
<url>https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos/</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>

<repository>
<id>spring-snapshot</id>
<name>Spring Maven SNAPSHOT Repository</name>
<url>http://repo.springframework.org/snapshot</url>
</repository>
</repositories>
</project>