Hadoop, mail # user - setGroupingComparatorClass

setGroupingComparatorClass
Mark Kerzner 2011-11-01, 17:08
Hi, Hadoop experts,

I've written my custom GroupComparator, and I want to tell Hadoop about it.

Now, there is a call

job.setGroupingComparatorClass(),

but I only find it in mapreduce package of version 0.21. In prior versions,
I see a similar call

conf.setOutputValueGroupingComparator(GroupComparator.class);

but it does not cause my GroupComparator to be being used.

So my question is, should I change the code to use the mapreduce package
(not a problem, since Cloudera has it backported to the current
distribution), or is there a different, simpler way?

Thank you. Sincerely,
Mark