HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-01, 16:31
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-01, 19:00
+
Elliott Clark 2013-03-01, 22:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-01, 23:12
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 00:55
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-01, 23:11
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-02, 02:10
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 02:17
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-02, 02:25
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-02, 02:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-03, 13:50
Re: [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.
Do we need to start another thread voting for options 1 and 2 ?

We should make a decision soon so that the next 0.94 release can be made.

Cheers

On Mar 3, 2013, at 5:50 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Concur. +1 on option #1 and #2, with #1 preferred, -1 on #3.
>
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> So it seems that until we have a stable 0.96 (maybe 0.96.1 or 0.96.2) we
>> have three options:
>> 1. Backport new features to 0.94 as we see fit as long as we do not
>> destabilize 0.94.
>> 2. Declare a certain point release (0.94.6 looks like a good candidate) as
>> a "long term", create an 0.94.6 branch (in addition to the usual 0.94.6
>> tag) and than create 0.94.6.x fix only releases. I would volunteer to
>> maintain a 0.94.6 branch in addition to the 0.94 branch.
>> 3. Categorically do not backport new features into 0.94 and defer to 0.95.
>>
>> I'd be +1 on option #1 and #2, and -1 on option #3.
>>
>> -- Lars
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
>   - Andy