MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Management API

RE: Management API
John Lilley 2013-06-06, 15:40
What resources are you trying to access?
Do you want to monitor the system status?
Do you want to read/write HDFS as a client?
Do you want to run your application on the Hadoop cluster?
John
From: Brian Mason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Management API

I am looking for a way to access a list of Nodes, Compute, Data etc ..  My application is not running on the name node.  It is remote.  The 2.0 Yarn API look like they may be useful, but I am not on 2.0 and cannot move to 2,0 anytime soon.

DFSClient.java looks useful, but its not in the API docs so I am not sure how to use it or even if I should.
Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,