Bigtop, mail # dev - HBase Integration Tests running on bigtop01.cloudera.org?

Re: HBase Integration Tests running on bigtop01.cloudera.org?
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-21, 20:02
Hi Roman and Stack,

>  let us know if your system tests can be deployed to Maven with every
nightly build of HBase as a standalone artifact that Bigtop's iTest can
simply depend on

I believe we have an "hbase-it" artifact containing integration tests that
pulls in all of the other HBase artifacts.

>  let us know what's your sweet spot for the # of nodes/RS

One of our large tests -- TestReplication -- is going to be moved out into
an integration test, and this will want to configure two independent
clusters with client access to both. Assume two 3 slave clusters, that's a
total of 8. Otherwise for single cluster tests 5 slaves seems a good
starting point IMO.

> what are you expectations for tests that do manipulate the state of the
cluster (like ChaosMonkey) -- do you expect unrestricted ssh, etc?

I think we want, at least, unrestricted access on the service accounts for
hdfs, hbase, zookeeper, so we can kill -9 or kill -STOP processes at
different system layers.

> All in all, I think this makes perfect sense and if there are folks in
the HBase community willing to help us get this going it'll be a 'beginning
of a beautiful friendship' ;-)

Yes. Great!

Best regards,

   - Andy