Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> 3.4 Release.

Re: 3.4 Release.
On 8/2/11 5:26 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Eugene you saw my email about that test and ulimit right? Make sure
> you have ulimit for max files and max processes>  1k, that was the
> issue I had (max proc was set to 1024).
>
> Patrick

Thank you Patrick, no; I missed your earlier email about max processes.
I increased my max processes to 100000 by adding to
/etc/security/limits.conf:

ec2-user     soft     nproc         100000
ec2-user     hard     nproc         100000

It was great to see that QuorumZxidSyncTest passed after doing this (as
well as ReadOnlyModeTest, which I neglected to metion, also failed
before) .

Unfortunately, now ObserverTest fails.

So let me try increasing nofiles similarly and see if that helps
(although I doubt this would be a factor, because it passed earlier with
its currently limit of only 1024 max open files).

-Eugene