Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 09:48
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-22, 09:54
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 06:46
+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 07:12
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-22, 07:40
Re: Multiuser setup on Hive
Shreepadam,
So what do you recommend for this? What are the current best practices for
deploying hive in a multi-user environment?

Thanks,
Austin

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Shreepadma Venugopalan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Austin,
>
> Hive authorization in its current form has a number of bugs and it is not
> recommended that you use it. We are planning to work on supporting
> authorization in a subsequent version of Hive.
>
> Thanks.
> Shreepadma
>

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Bejoy,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply.
>> I had been reading through hive authorization
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-auth.html
>>
>> Is it any good. Can anyone explain what happens if I enable this?
>> Will I be able to prevent users from deleting other user's tables?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Austin
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Bejoy KS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>> Hi Austin
>>>
>>> In hive currently you can have permissions only on the hdfs layer not on
>>> the metastore. The current hive metastore don't have multiuser permission
>>> support. Any user will be able to drop the metadata information now.
>>> Regards
>>> Bejoy KS
>>>
>>> Sent from handheld, please excuse typos.
>>> ------------------------------
>>> *From: * Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> *Date: *Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:16:24 +0530
>>> *To: *<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> *ReplyTo: * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> *Subject: *Multiuser setup on Hive
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
>>> I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.
>>>
>>> Consider this scenario:
>>>
>>> user1 has created a database data1
>>> user2 has created a database data2
>>>
>>> Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2
>>>
>>> How do I prevent this?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Austin

+