From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The reason that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases, but not for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

Documentation:

Configuration Files
Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:

1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml and src/mapred/mapred-default.xml.
2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.

Installed Software:

>> DEV $ pwd
/apps/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.0
>> DEV $ ls
bin  etc  include  lib  libexec  sbin  share

Any ideas - perhaps I have a bad version of 1.0?

Ian