Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop on non x86 systems

Re: Hadoop on non x86 systems
There are kind of two ways to submit a proposal.

1 - send an e-mail here with the proposal.
2 - file a JIRA and attach your proposal to it.

Usually it is a combination of the two.  You start a conversation on the mailing list, and then at some point file a JIRA to track the work and capture the discussion.

To become a contributor, from the perspective of apache, all you have to do is to submit a patch and grant the copyright to apache for submission.  Your company may have more guidelines/legal requirements and you probably want to check with them.  See the wiki http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute for more details.

There are several conferences coming up.  Hadoop Summit is the next big one that I know of http://hadoopsummit.org/

As far as the build system is concerned are you interested in the 1.0 line that uses ant or the 0.23/trunk that uses maven?

Always glad to see more people wanting to make Hadoop better.

--Bobby Evans