Hadoop >> mail # general >> Plans for the 0.22 Release

Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Owen, Doug, Tom

Could you please formulate and reply to this email separately
     what would be an *ACCEPTABLE *resolution of
     HADOOP-6685 for *YOU *to move *0.22* forward.
Just trying to get something to work with to get us beyond the stagnation
point.

It could be "I want this patch in/out as is, final answer". Then we are
stuck.
But at least we will know there is no resolution to hope for anymore.
And we have to find other ways based on that fact.

It could be a zero-option plan - remove dependencies both for Avro and
ProtocolBuffers out into libraries, similar to schedulers.
Or something else.
Let's see if there is any common ground. If there is
we can further talk about implementation and in the mean time declare
the 0.22 freeze contingent on the completion of H-6685.

Thanks,
--Konstantin