Hadoop, mail # user - how to implements the 'diff' cmd in hadoop

Re: how to implements the 'diff' cmd in hadoop
Bejoy Ks 2012-03-20, 10:09
Hi Lin
        In you mapper make the line no as the key and the line contents as
the value. In your reducer check whether the two values for a key are
matching. ie if you are comparing two files then there would be two values
for a line number. If non matching patterns found increment a counter to
determine the number of non matching patterns and write those patterns to
output file . If the values matches for a key do nothing, no need even
writing to output dir.

Regards
Bejoy KS