Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 00:30
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 00:39
+
Chris K Wensel 2011-12-13, 21:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 02:21
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-12-10, 02:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 03:52
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 19:23
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
>> Btw, I think it is very instructive to take a look at how
Linux community has dealt
>> with version transition between 2.X -> 3.X.

You mean you want us to not call it 1.0.0?  As I remember the vote was
overwhelmingly
in favor of calling it 1.0.0.
--Matt

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hey Roman,
> >
> > That problem is at Hive end. You can try out the patch at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2631 to unblock your testing.
>
> Btw, I think it is very instructive to take a look at how Linux
> community has dealt
> with version transition between 2.X -> 3.X. Here's a thread that I still
> have in
> my short term memory. There were, of course, others
>
> https://plus.google.com/106327083461132854143/posts/SbnL3KaVRtM#106327083461132854143/posts/SbnL3KaVRtM
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+