HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached

+
Andrew Purtell 2012-11-08, 00:26
+
Stack 2012-11-08, 19:26
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-08, 20:09
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-11-08, 20:22
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-11-08, 20:21
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-08, 20:23
Re: [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached
I actually disagree -- jenkins doesn't maintain old logs forever. So, if
you open a JIRA for a failing test, please do attach the log of the failing
test, and hopefully the particular revision or git hash where it failed.

On our HDFS team here, we've started devoting days once a quarter or so as
"fixit days" -- where we all pick a small fixup task to work on and
hopefully knock down. Flaky tests are good ones for this - they don't
usually get prioritized during normal development, but when you batch them
together it's usually easy to burn them down. Having the JIRAs open and
with logs available makes it much easier to do so.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera