Hive, mail # user - Fetching Hbase data through Hive

+
Mohammad Tariq 2011-12-15, 19:14
+
Bejoy Ks 2011-12-15, 19:41
Re: Fetching Hbase data through Hive
Mohammad Tariq 2011-12-15, 19:44
Hi Bejoy,

   Thanks a lot for the valuable info and the link..I was just going
through the HbaseIntegration document..:)

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Bejoy Ks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Tariq
>      You need to issue a ddl where you specify to hive how the row key and
> column families in hbase are mapped to various columns in hive. You don't
> need to do any data transfer from Hbase to hive that time. The DDL makes the
> hive table point to the corresponding hbase table and when you issue a hive
> query relative the hbase table, the actual hbase table location is scanned
> and the data is fetched.
>
> A sample DDL is as follows
>
> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE hbase_table_2(key int, value string)
> STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
> WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = "cf1:val")
> TBLPROPERTIES("hbase.table.name" = "some_existing_table");
>
> This url would be good reference for you.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbaseintegration.html
>
> Hope it helps!...
>
> Regards
> Bejoy.K.S