Hadoop >> mail # user >> JNI and calling Hadoop jar files

Re: JNI and calling Hadoop jar files
Delayed response. However, I stand corrected. I was using a package
called rJava which integrates R and java. Maybe there was a
classloader issue but once I rewrote my stuff using C and JNI, the
issues disappeared.
When I create my configuration, i add as a resource
$HADOOP/conf/hadoop-{default,site},xml in that order.
All problems disappeared.
Sorry, I couldn't provide the information requested with the error
causing approach - I stopped using that package.

regards
Saptarshi Guha

P.S As an aside, If I launch my own java apps, which require the
hadoop configuration etc, I have to manually add the
{default,site}.xml files.