HBase >> mail # user >> MultiMaster HBase: --backup really needed ?

+
Manuel de Ferran 2013-12-09, 11:24
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-12-09, 17:37
Re: MultiMaster HBase: --backup really needed ?
The problem with having a bunch of master racing is that it's not evident
for the operator who won, so specifying --backup to all but one master
ensures that you always easily know where the master is.

Relevant code from HMaster.java:

    // If we're a backup master, stall until a primary to writes his address
    if (!c.getBoolean(HConstants.MASTER_TYPE_BACKUP,
      HConstants.DEFAULT_MASTER_TYPE_BACKUP)) {
      return;
    }

J-D