Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Dump all changes on ZK to file

+
kishore g 2011-09-13, 22:53
Re: Dump all changes on ZK to file
you can do this using the logs. there is a log format utility:
LogFormatter that will print the log in a human readable format that
you could use to get this information. (actually you might need to
enhance the tool a bit depending on the detail that you want.)

ben

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM, kishore g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to dump all changes that happen on ZK to a file.
>
> What I am trying to do is following
>
>   - Set  up some application specific structure on zookeeper.
>   - Start a listener or something equivalent that watches on all the nodes.
>   - Multiple processes are connected to Zookeeper and they make some
>   changes on the ZK as needed
>   - The listener will detect the changes and dump the changes to a file in
>   some structure
>   - Once the run is over there will be a verification tool which will go
>   over the change log and do some verifications.
>
> I am not sure if there is already a tool to do this or if it is possible to
> get all changes from ZK server logs.
>
> I am aware that if we have a separate listener we may not be able to get all
> changes since I might miss changes between receiving a notification and a
> change happening before i reset the watch. This may not be the case with ZK
> logs/snapshot.
>
> This will not be in production but I want to use it to for testing. Idea is
> to decouple verification from simulation so that all types of verification
> can be done based on the change log.
>
> Any pointers/suggestions ?
>
> thanks,
> Kishore G