Hive, mail # user - Upper case column names

+
Mayank Bansal 2012-08-14, 15:24
Re: Upper case column names
Travis Crawford 2012-08-14, 22:10
Hey Mayank -

I've looked briefly at case-sensitivity in Hive, and there's a lot of
places where fields are lowercased to normalize. For HCatalog, I'm playing
around with a small patch that makes case-sensitivity optional and it works
if you run queries with Pig/HCat against the metastore. It would be a
pretty large patch to make hive optionally case sensitive though.

Case sensitive field names as an option certainly would use helpful though.

--travis
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Mayank Bansal
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> The column names in hive are by default case insensitive.****
>
> I was wondering if there is any way, I could make the column names case
> sensitive?****
>
> I am running a model on a data, the data is now stored in hive, the model
> has columns referred in camel case.****
>
> It would require a lot of effort to change the code of the model, so I was
> wondering if I could change my hive schema or anything.****
>
> Would changing the metastore_db help in someway ?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Mayank****
>
> ** **
>
> ------------------------------
> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential
> information. The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)
> or entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
> this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the message from your system.
>
> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic
> communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet
> accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced
> by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
> virus checking software.

+
Edward Capriolo 2012-08-14, 23:20
+