Pig, mail # dev - Specifying a User Defined LoadStoreCaster in PigStorage

Specifying a User Defined LoadStoreCaster in PigStorage
Sajid Raza 2013-08-16, 20:40
I have a legacy dataset that has its own unique representation null '\N'.
I'd like to use the existing PigStorage loader functionality, but slightly
adjust how it reads data. I would like to create a new LoadStoreCaster that
would handle my special null value representation. I'd like to add another
arg to PigStorage that would allow the end user to specify the name of the
LoadStoreCaster class used to perform type conversions, with
Utf8StorageConverter being the default value if nothing is specified.

Would such a change make sense?

Thanks,

Saj
+