Avro >> mail # user >> How to handle schema dependencies

+
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 19:28
+
Dave McAlpin 2012-12-11, 20:31
+
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 21:42
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-11, 22:54
+
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 23:47
Re: How to handle schema dependencies
We might add a protected Schema.Parser#getName() method so that folks
could subclass Schema.Parser to look for names in the environment,
then use such a subclass in the Maven Mojo implementations.  Please
file an issue in Jira if this is of interest to you.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Steven Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> That certainly helps a lot. Though one would still need extra code to pull out the required schema files from a jar into that imports directory prior to code generation. And one would need to track these avro dependencies manually. It would be great if the avro-maven-plugin could have configuration items  specified like "com.example:common" and those artifacts would be searched for compiled avro types using something like the code I posted earlier in addition to the normal parser name resolution.
>
> -Steven Willis

+
Dave McAlpin 2012-12-11, 23:45