Hadoop >> mail # general >> Pydoop 0.11.1

Pydoop 0.11.1
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.11.1
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:
  * support for hadoop-2.2.0
  * explicit support for hadoop-1.2.1

Thanks to Mauro Del Rio's hard work, we finally have a Pydoop release
that supports Hadoop 2!

As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/forums/forum/990018

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.

Links:

  * download page on sf: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files