HBase >> mail # user >> HBase type support

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-13, 16:42
+
David Koch 2013-03-14, 16:51
+
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 12:25
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:06
+
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 22:35
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:34
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:11
+
James Taylor 2013-03-15, 17:55
Re: HBase type support
I'm talking about MD5, SHA1, etc. It's something explicitly mentioned
in HBASE-7221.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM, James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Nick,
> What do you mean by "hashing algorithms"?
> Thanks,
> James
>

> On 03/15/2013 10:11 AM, Nick Dimiduk wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Native support for a handful of hashing algorithms has also been
>> discussed.
>> Do you think these should be supported directly, as opposed to using a
>> fixed-length String or fixed-length byte[]?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nick
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM, David Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Nick,
>>>
>>> As an HBase user I would welcome this addition. In addition to the
>>> proposed
>>> list of datatypes A UUID/GUID type would also be nice to have.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> /David
>>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,

>>> of

>>> missed