Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] remove packaging

+
Eli Collins 2012-10-15, 17:32
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-15, 17:52
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-10-15, 18:02
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-15, 18:07
Re: [DISCUSS] remove packaging
Hey Bobby,

That's correct, I mean the "packages" directories in common, hdfs, and
MR top-level directories, which contain the debs and RPMs.  I'm not
opposed to someone re-working/contributing new code as long as they're
maintained. Don't think there's any sense in keeping the branch-1 code
in trunk/branch-2 since it doesn't support the same daemons, isn't
maintained etc.

Thanks,
Eli

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eli,
>
> By packaging I assume that you mean the RPM/Deb packages and not the tar.gz.  If that is the case I have no problem with them being removed because as you said in the JIRA BigTop is already providing a working alternative.  If someone else wants to step up to maintain them I also don't have a problem with them staying, so long as they become a part of HADOOP-8914 (Automating the release build).
>
> --Bobby

+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-15, 19:11