Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] remove packaging

Re: [DISCUSS] remove packaging
Hey Bobby,

That's correct, I mean the "packages" directories in common, hdfs, and
MR top-level directories, which contain the debs and RPMs.  I'm not
opposed to someone re-working/contributing new code as long as they're
maintained. Don't think there's any sense in keeping the branch-1 code
in trunk/branch-2 since it doesn't support the same daemons, isn't
maintained etc.

Thanks,
Eli