Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing

Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing
Hi,

I need to build a failover/LB solution for Hive Services.
MySQL DB is fine, and can work out.
But for Hive Metastore Service, can I simply put the Load Balancer like HA
Proxy etc. in between the client and achieve this.
Thrift Servers and default stateless, not sure about hive one.

I red very few comments on this problem.
Similar approach blogged at :
http://www.edwardcapriolo.com/roller/edwardcapriolo/entry/running_a_hive_thrift_cluster

Very Imp from HCatalog mailing thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hcatalog-user/201109.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E
As per this mailing thread, if security is used in HIVE thrift meta server
then need to do more modification in the server as it maintain the token of
user for that session. (user connection).

Please help me to move forward on this problem and please verify if my
understanding is correct or not on the above 2 blogs / mail.

Is there any initial work done under HCatalog or Hive, which I can look
into and extend / patch.
Regards,
Manish
+