HBase >> mail # dev >> Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew

Re: Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew
An extra week of reviews and comments and updates is behind us. Here's a
summary of the high-level changes.

 - Matt's ByteRange class has been refactored into an interface. That
interface is extended to PositionedByteRange that provides the API goodness
many of you desired. HBASE-9091.
 - The encoding OrderedBytes methods all operate over PositionedByteRange
now. Implementations are largely unchanged. Docstrings have been tightened
up a fair bit. HBASE-8201.
 - The data type API also operates over PositionedByteRange. For all the
data type implementations built on o.a.h.h.u.Bytes, the name "Legacy" is
replaced with "Raw." The FixedLengthWrapper class now provides a method to
inspect its length. HBASE-8693.
 - All remaining issues are outside of the critical scope of on-disk
formats and user-level APIs, and are deferred to follow-up JIRAs.

Thanks,
Nick