HDFS, mail # user - Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help
Jennifer Lopez 2012-12-11, 09:31
also, my tasktracker.log states that the task tracker was not created at
all.

2012-12-11 14:57:47,118 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Can not
start task tracker because java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions
of path: \tmp\hadoop-XXXXX\mapred\local\taskTracker to 0755
i tried setting the permissions to this folder exclusively by chmod or
so... but that never works....

I am currently using hadoop-1.1.1 version and after some googling, i
found out that moving to other releases is alternate solution. Is that so?