Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
+1, +1, +1 (non-binding)

We have had promising results for 1 and 2 when porting to Windows. 3 would
allow us to remove platform dependencies from test code. Agree that there
might be some nuanced operations that require OS specific environments but
this would lead to keeping them at a minimum.

Bikas