HBase >> mail # user >> How to free space

Re: How to free space
Cyril,

Did you notice the space on the hbase directory in HDFS change at all? It
takes time to complete the major compactions (and it depends on the size of
the tables). Deleting column families will just delete those HFiles. That
should definitely free up space.

-Amandeep